Event rules are project dependent and can be managed on the project detail page.
Create event rules
(1) In the [Settings] tab found in the [Alert] tab of the project detail page, click the [Edit] button of the event rule.
(2) Click the [Add event rule] button.
(3) Enter desired setting values on the event rule page.
(3-1) Set the conditions to perform additional actions on the received alert.
At least one condition must be written, and you can add conditions by clicking the [Add] button on the right or delete them by clicking the [Delete] icon button.
(3-2) Specify the action to be performed on the alert that meets the conditions defined above.
List of event rules settings
|Stop notifications||Suppress Notification for alerts for the corresponding conditions|
|Project routing||Alerts of the corresponding conditions are not received by current project but by project selected under project routing (no alert is created in the current project)|
|Project Dependencies||Alerts of the corresponding conditions can be viewed from the projects registered in project dependency.|
|Urgency||Automatically assign urgency to alerts of the corresponding conditions|
• External monitoring alert: Urgency of an object
• Direct creation: High (default)
|Person in charge||Automatically assign a person in charge of the alert for the corresponding condition(s):|
|Additional recipients||When Notification occurs with the alert of the corresponding condition(s), send a notification to specified users together|
|Additional information||Automatically add information to alerts for the corresponding conditions|
|Stop executing further actions||If the event rule is executed, subsequent event rules are ignored (See Ways and order of event rules action)|
Edit event rules
(1) Click the [Edit] button on the event rules page.
(2) Enter the setting values you wantfor the event rule.
(3) Click the [Save] button to complete editing the event rules.
Delete event rules
(1) Click the [Delete] button on the event rules page.
(2) In the [Delete event rule] modal dialog, click the [OK] button to complete the deletion.
Ways and order of event rules action
Event rules set by a user for when an alert occurs will be executed sequentially.
If event rules are created as in the example above, they are executed in the order of [#1], [#2], etc., starting from the highest event rule.
You can easily change the order of the event rules by clicking the [↑] and the [↓] buttons.